We managed to get all household chores done without incident, had a great playdate and even managed to get out for a walk in the glorious sunshine! The boy is sound asleep and I a managing to catch up on some emails and orders from yesterday and today. Phew... huge sigh of relief.
I even got a chance to make myself some yummy lunch... anything other than eating on the run is usually considered nothing short of a miracle in this house.
I am loving omelette's at the moment. Just nice and simple with mozarella (dripping of course) and some yummy herbs out of my garden. Here's how I do mine!
- 3 fresh free-range eggs
- Tablespoon of water
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley, basil, marjoram
- Lightly whisk eggs and water in a bowl. Season with sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the butter and oil in an omelette pan or a small frying pan over medium-high heat (the oil prevents the butter from burning as the pan needs to be quite hot). When the butter starts to froth, add the egg mixture and, as the base begins to cook, use a fork to draw it aside and allow the uncooked egg to run beneath.
- Continue doing this until the omelette is set but still soft.
- Scatter the herbs on top, then grate some yummy mozzarella cheese, fold over one side of the omelette and carefully ease onto a plate. (I like to pop mine under a grill to really melt the cheese!)
If your day has been really crappy a nice glass of wine and some good bread, makes this the best lunch ever!